Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Summer coming to a close/ Show and Tell
























So this has been a great summer and even thought I live
 in California where I, at times, believe that summer will never end it does seem to be cooling off.  So todays blog I decided to post pictures of why I hate to see it go.  

I am also going to try and tell my top funny storiy of the week, for most of those who know me well and my uncanny nack to embarrass myself this should not be a challenge.   






Here it goes:  So today Joel had show and tell at school, I had planned on bringing our turtle mudslide, but true to form I will just say that Mudslide (the second) is MIA, anywho I decided to take the leapord gecko instead.  So the kids were totally eating it up, right, I was thinking best mom of the year award not to far from my grasps when the gecko (we call her Flo) started freaking out.  I had a hunch Flo might freak so I was totally prepared for this and I patiently took her from Joel.  However, as most things in my life can never in a rational normal ending, so Flo turns on me and bites me.  The kids love it and go crazy, but the teacher eyes got huge and I figures there was a fifty fifty shot she was about to pass out.  I was able to shake the thing off back into the shoe box from whence she came.  I was totally devastated by the fiasco but Joel and Reid gave me to thumbs up so I will call it a draw.   

4 comments:

JD said...

Yeah!!! YOU are so good at this blog thing already!! Woot Woot to Ried who says "For the LOVE"

shelly said...

Kristin, glad to see you guys finally started a blog. I knew it was just a matter of time. Watch out though, it gets really addicting. By the way, love your gecko story, I'm totally picturing the whole event in my mind and am cracking up!

Anonymous said...

yay! i'm so glad you're a blogger now! i't was so good seeing you at Heather's shower. see ya agian soon.

Strebel's said...

Yea I can't believer I found you.. i love to keep in touch with people though blogging.. check out me and Joe's blog at Strebels.blogspot.com
Kristen I didn't know you were a lizard wrestler.. Cooper has this cursed lizard out fit.. every time he wears it we have a diaper disaster