Tuesday, December 15, 2009





I hope everyone is having a Merry
Christmas. I learned a valuable lesson at church last Sunday. I am a counselor in primary and was teaching the story of the nativity to the children when I asked the children "why do we receive gifts at Christmas?" and Reid shot his hand up and said "because Santa comes." I knew then I had focused to much of my time on the materialism and the worldly traditions of society. I realized I can not depend on anyone else to teach my children the nativity story or any other of the gospel principles. I am thankful the Lord taught me this lesson early in the Christmas season, I experienced the same exhilaration as Scrooge, in the Christmas Carol, when I realized it was not too late I still have time to change. I wish all my fellow mothers a wonderful Christmas with their children young and old.

No comments: